If this is the first time you are reading about a Mural tour, it’s either by recommendation or by searching for things to do in NI. Either way you are in good company as we offer the two most popular and original Mural tours in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
There are a few options to choose from Taxi Mural Tours or Walking Mural tours. Both of which will take you on a journey through West Belfast, and into a time where NI experienced much of troubles with people who were directly affected by our recent history.
The Belfast Taxis Mural Tour
( Also know as Black Cab Tours )
Starting at £35 for 3 people, this is the best value and original taxi tour available in Belfast. The Taxi Mural tour (in an original Black Taxi) takes you to:
- A visit to Divis Tower and an introductory talk which sets the context of the tour and explains the series of events leading up to August 1969 and the period in history known as ‘the troubles’.
- A visit to the international wall and the Republican murals of the Falls Road in West Belfast.
- The Loyalist murals on the Shankill Road (West Belfast)
- Crumlin Road Gaol (Prison) and Crumlin Road Courthouse (North Belfast). (outside view only)
- Visit the peace wall where you can write your message of peace.
- Visit Bombay Street
- Visit to the famous Bobby Sands mural
- Visit to a memorial garden.
This tour operates all year and there is free hotel pickup available at most Belfast City Centre hotels. Pickup is available from other Belfast City Centre locations and Cruise Ships / City Airport. To book and for more information click here Belfast Mural Taxi Tour.
The Coiste Walking Mural Tour
Former activists and political ex-prisoners from within the Republican community host this 3 hour walking tour and provide the visitor with an in depth insight into the most recent phase of the Anglo/Irish conflict. The guides weave their own personal stories into the tour as they visit many different sites that explain both the local and wider history of Ireland. For these guides this project is a living history. These guides are a primary source and an invaluable link into the most recent phase of struggle.
Join this tour every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 10.00am and every Sunday at 2.00pm. To book and for more information click here Coiste Irish Mural walking tour.